Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!


This is a pattern I got from Lily Kerns at quiltuniversity.com. (Don't ask for the pattern, it is copyrighted and I can't get hold of her until I take another class from her.) The quilting (rays from a light in her hand) was my own idea, and I am pleased with how it turned out. It is actually rectangular, I guess the camera was a little tilted. That happens a lot.
I've been making angels lately with non-traditional clothes -- that is, not white. It started a couple years ago when I washed all the fabrics with a white with silver sparkles, and one of the reds ran. At that point I decided I was not going to buy any more fabrics, and that angels can wear pale pink!
We now have freezing fog, on a day when everybody and their brother is in a big hurry to exchange Christmas presents for ones that a) fit, b) they like or c) aren't duplicated. I hope they wait, we don't need more useless accidents. Once I took one back about a week later, the tables were still set up and I had no lines. We got really lucky here, only about 6 inches and it didn't stop anyone from shopping or attending Christmas Eve services.
I think it is time to mention my other sister: Hi Annie!

2 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creative use of light on dark with the candle light rays.

I received your Holiday letter yesterday, the 27. I really enjoy catching up with you, Jack and the girls in the blog.

John from Canberra (remember?)

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Marion said...

Hi John! Good to hear from you! What is going on with you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home