Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rules...

...and knowing when to break them.

This weekend I was introduced to eating brownies right out of the oven.

Before they cooled.

You know those directions on the box that say cool 2 hours before eating?

Bunch of hooey.

After being told to loosen my anal sphincter muscle (and yes, those were the actual words used; I have very intellectual friends), I sat down and ate brownies that had only cooled slightly. Partially because I was curious and partially because if I had waited the two hours, there would not have been any brownies left. (And I had even gotten a bit of batter, but since I didn't make the brownies, I was not entitled to it.)

I recommend breaking this rule.

Cold milk was necessary.

Tonight, my daughter made a yellow cake and frosted it immediately. I once again loosened my anal sphincter muscle and ate warm cake. The chocolate (of course) frosting had soaked into the cake.

Another rule bites the dust.

Eating the cake required a fork, like normal. For brownies, use a spoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home