Monday, May 26, 2008

another one finished!









Here is my latest, so far titled "Green Stripe Quilt". Plus a couple of details so you can see the fabrics because they just don't photograph well from far away. The blocks are, from irght to left, Ohio Star (I like that block, it is pretty mindless), pinwheel, flying geese, Jacob's Ladder (that is my husband's name, it ends up in a lot of quilts, Four pointed star, Sunshine and Shadows and King's Highway.
The border is the twirly leaves from the large triangle of the leftmost flying geese block.

I originally sewed them together with the sunshine and shadows block next to the Ohio Star. When I showed everyone the completed top, it looked unbalanced. Fortunately, switching that row with the pinwheels fixed everything. I don't dread taking seams out as much as I used to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home