Saturday, January 24, 2009

success, sort of







We had a wedding shower today, in which the bride tried out her bow-quet, many cool presents were recieved (and the observation that empty nesters should get a shower, now that no one will be around to melt the plastic cups and ruin the non-stick finish on the pots) and the groom learned that glass cups will indeed hold coffee, but you must drink it with your pinkie extended.

Probably because male hands are just too big for the tiny handle on the cups.

I also finished cleaning out my sewing area. I have found the all purpose presser foot (at the bottom of a 2 foot by 2 foot by 3 foot box that stores freezer paper, interfacing, batting, fabric dyes and paints as well as miscellaneous stuff that finds it way there), a bobbin of dark green thread I did not know I had lost, and several projects that have been percolating in the back of my mind that are now on one of the front burners (there being about a dozen front burners, so it really isn't much of an improvement). The bobbin of white thread was found earlier in the wastebasket. I have now lost my little embroidery scissors. (they are not in the wastebasket) Since I can't imagine the cats playing soccer with them (They do with the pincushion), I have accused my daughters of borrowing them. They, of course, both deny all knowledge and get huffy.

The sewing area is now tidy. Mostly because fabric that is not part of a project has been moved to the stash room, where it is sitting on a card table and looking a lot larger than the space in the closet.

I can't win.

But I can start new projects!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home