Monday, December 02, 2013

Prague

I have been to Prague before, about seven years ago.  I spent one day there both times, seeing approximately the same things.  So I decided to take pictures of what I knew I hadn't already taken pictures of.  But that got old, because I have an obsolete memory storage device.  I simply don't remember what I took pictures of 7 years ago, and what I had took pictures of that was blurry.  (Except the inside of cathedrals.  For some reason my camera does not like those.  But at least I didn't waste any actual film, just electrons.  And those are free.) (Well, I did have to pay for the camera, so they weren't technically free.  Just no additional charge.)

I did play with my zoom lens, which I like.  These are flying buttresses at the back of St. Vitus cathedral, in Prague castle.


 
Charles the Fourth, the most important king of the Czechs, looking rather pleased with what he accomplished.

 
The details....the capitals (I'm guessing on the name here) are about 10 inches tall.  And there were lots of them!  Is it any wonder that it took so long to build cathedrals????

 
 
The Golden Gate, on the side of St. Vitus.  It is a mosaic showing the last judgment.
 

 
 
And finally, the flag showing that the president is in the castle.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home