Monday, November 25, 2013

Somebody asked me what I liked about Hungary.

Not to be picky or anything, but I was in Budapest for about 48 hours, and so I don't have a really good view of Hungary.  I have a decent view of the tourist areas of Budapest, and, of course, the little shops that sell souvenirs to tourists.  (and they are all the same, basically.  but I did buy some.)

So, here goes:

I like that Starbucks is in Hungary.  It means that the economy is doing OK.
I like the fact that they can put up any kind of architecture they want.
I like that they are free to celebrate their history.
I liked the Parliament building.  It is big, it is ornate (but not overly so), and it too celebrates history, with the crown and scepter of Stephen, the first king of Hungary about 1000.  Or maybe it was 1001.  Depends on how you want to date things.

I loved the food (and will attempt duplication), I liked that "helyes" is Hungarian for correct, I liked their chocolate, I liked that there was a woman in the spa even fatter than me who was wearing a bikini, I liked...Budapest.

I would love to go back and spend more time exploring!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home