Sunday, March 24, 2013

Saved by the Grandson

Well, I caught a cold.  That means that I can't be around the brand new babies.  I will survive.  I am a mature responsible adult and can handle waiting.

But it did mean that I also could not do the annual Quilt Show the way I wanted:  which was all day, every day, for three days and everyone at home survives without me.  Thursday, which was set up day, I turned in my quilt, confirmed that no one wanted to work with a sickie (especially the day before the show opened!) and left.

Friday I picked up my grandson (Lindsey) for preschool, dropped him off, and helped open the show.  But I kept away from everybody.  After 1 1/2 hours I left, picked up the grandson, brought him home, and went home myself and took a nap.  Returned to the quilt show, got fabric for the twins' quilts...which was the whole point of the show this year.  So all was not lost.

Friday night my daughter informs me that I have given my cold to the grandson and he is coming over to my house on Saturday so he won't give it to 2 week old babies.

Saturday morning I drop the money box off at the quilt show, and cough all the way home in the car.   It is a sunny day, so Lindsey and I go for the UV radiation cure and play outside.  He grabs a 3 foot long branch, declares it to be an elephant gun, and so we went on a Lion Hunt all around the backyard.  For those who don't know it, it is a chant that is repeated:

    Going on a Lion Hunt (going on a lion hunt)
    I'm not scared (I'm not scared)
    I've got my gun by my side  (I've  got my gun by my side)
    And my bullets too.  (And my bullets too)

And then there are obstacles that you can't go around and have to go through:  grass, rivers (which was actually a hose), mountains, trees...and we added a woodpile, the slide, whatever.  Then we came to a cave (the garden shed)

   Coming to a cave (coming to a cave)...can't go over it...can't go around it...gotta go in it.
   It's a Lion!  Run! 

At this point, Lindsey makes gun noises and says "Don't worry, grandma, I shot it!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home