Monday, March 29, 2010

another link

















Just found this link of quilty sayings. My favorite (for the moment) is "Behind every quilter is a huge pile of fabric."

http://lukas.is-a-geek.org/tani/sayings.html

The quilt show was fantastic. I was on my feet all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Was never even hungry! Actually made chili in a half hour (Tami made the cornbread) and it was decent. (that is the great thing about chili.) Friday I made them feed me, and Saturday they took me out to Subway. The vegetables were exactly what my body wanted.

The criteria for choosing pictures: My friends made them. If you are not in there, blame my husband, and the camera which is being pouty.

The green flower quilt is a stack and whack, you can see that on the closeup. Really cool way to use big prints! The starry snail's trail is something I want to make myself (except different, of course)! On the crane quilt, the border squares are 4 patches, as if making 98 paper-pieced cranes wasn't enough work. (Laying out the blocks and sashing in the right order was a bear also.) And they are all different Japanese style fabrics. I think each crane block is about 4 inches square, certainly no larger than 5.
The last picture is a closeup of the best of show. (The full quilt picture is just not impressive). This is her 2nd quilt! And she is 75 years old! She, in that generation, became proficient with the computer and designed this herself! That leaves zero (count them, zero) excuses for the rest of us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home