Friday, January 22, 2010

Finally!








Today is a finally day.

I'm finally posting.

I'm finally sewing. I have gotten to the point where I have to design what goes into a four isosceles right triangles that are 48 inches on the hypotenuses (hypoteni?) and therefore 33.9 inches on the legs. I need to find (again) the graph paper. My original idea was sort of a half log cabin, but it is a little bit big for that, although I may still use it for a background behind other blocks. I also need to design the borders (which I hope to be a woven/plaid affair).

Then I need to put together all the pieces to another quilt.

And then I will have 4 or 5 queen and twin size quilt tops and a wall hanging to layer, quilt and bind. I have to finish them before starting anything else, I'm running out of room in my sewing cubicle! It is about 6 feet square, including machine, ironing board, dresser with stuff and rolling carts of stuff, and not including project bags. I'm tripping over them.

And (save the best for last!) I finally have some more baby pictures!

That little stinker was perfectly happy all afternoon, until he jerked himself awake from a bad dream and would not stop crying for at least 1 1/2 hours. Hasn't anybody told him that You Don't Do This To Grandmothers? You are supposed to do that to the mother! This is part of my revenge on my daughter for doing that to me! And then, I decided to take him home, and the car ride soothes him to the point that he is perfectly happy when he is home! (next time I try the car ride first!)

Humph.

I still love the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home