Sunday, November 26, 2006

birds
























I like birds. They are fascinating animals. But they aren't my kind of pet. I'm a normal pet person: cats and dogs, which can be housetrained, among other advantages. (This is a problem with finding homes for exchange students who are allergic to animals, they can't stay at my house, and sometimes can't even visit.) In large cities, dogs can be a problem, so birds and cats are more popular. I think birds are more popular in Asia than in the US.

Given that most English speakers are tourists, why is this sign in English?
May I bring my Irish Wolfhound on the bus?

I don't have an Irish Wolfhound, which is the largest breed of dog. I have a Brittany who, at 8 1/2 years old, has enough energy for most larger dogs. Checkers (who was not a bribe), in her zeal for squirrels, sometimes gets stuck.

I also had a cat, Critter, who died just short of her 20th birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home