Monday, October 16, 2006

Things You Just Gotta Know


OK, lets get this topic out of the way. I am not an overly delicate person, and have been known to make a few coarse jokes in my time. But I prefer different conversation topics....

If you are in a public restroom in Taiwan, you must check for two things. The first is toilet paper. It is not always stored in the stalls, there is often a large roll on the wall near the entrance. So, when the restroom is out of toilet paper, it is Really Out Of Toilet Paper. You can sneak into the men's room, or in some cases (like the 150 stall rest area we stopped at once) check the other entrance. You would be very wise to carry a packet of tissues with you.

The other thing to check for, particularly if you are old and decrepit like me, is the kind of toilet behind that little swinging door. It is no fun squatting with a purse and camera in one hand (because, just like here, there are not always hooks for such extraneous items) and a feminine napkin in the other. I have bit the bullet and done so, just so I can gross people out. Once. Only.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home