Saturday, October 14, 2006























I found a quilt in Taiwan! We really didn't take time to look for quilts, so I only found one. It was not for sale, but the shop keeper let me take a picture of it. They made these little bugs and lizards by stuffing socks, and then embroidering on them to make the rest of the picture. What a cute idea!

We found a lot of traditional crafts, like wood carving, glass making and ceramics. I was limited by space in my suitcase and the fear that the more elaborate stuff would break -- and now I am kicking myself for not buying more. Particularly glass from the Tittot Museum. I took no pictures there, but I could not take enough anyway. The website is www.tittot.com Go there and drool over it at your leisure. If I were to return, this is one of my must see items.

The other problem is trying to figure out what is "tourist trap" items and what is really worth buying. In the end, I bought what I liked and didn't worry about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home