Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Random Thoughts on a Trip to Germany

It is amazing how skinny a street can be and still allow two way traffic and parking on both sides. A nice, comfortably wide street, which in the US would be two lanes wide, was actually a four lane street.

Your average Berliner is particularly adept at creating a legal parking spot when all hope is gone.

Riding a train from Karlsruhe to Koln, I passed cars going 100 mph (that is 160 kilometers per hour) on the autobahn like they were standing still.

Pictures are cool, but nothing compares to actually being in a cathedral.

I marvel at all the old buildings, and the people living here treat them like they are normal.

When you don't leave explicit instructions for the folks back home to clean the counter and table everyday, they won't.

It would be nice to know the unwritten rules.

Being where history was made is just plain great. Even if it has nothing to do with me personally.

Pork sausage is better cooked.

So is fish.

I still have two teenage boys in my house. I now realize that I did not bring home enough chocolate. Or cheese.

Of course, some of the candy I brought home I am NOT sharing.

Everytime I go abroad, I buy feminine napkins.

The books and postcards always have better pictures, but they never have the pictures you want.

German in the classroom is nothing like what is actually spoken.

Eating this much bread, how do they stay so skinny?????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home