Friday, August 13, 2010

just details




Just thought I would finally post these. Jack has never been known for taking a good, natural picture, so he purposely makes faces. The first quilt was made for Tami's sister; pieces of it (with the cat) appeared previously. It did lay flat (a miracle) and Fine loves it.
The second was started some ten years ago. I didn't have enough of the border fabric at the time, but finally found it on ebay a couple years ago and put it all together this spring and finished quilting it last week. I have discovered just how much I learned in ten years! One is you cannot do a scrappy look with only six fabrics (for the uninitiated, 20 is the minimum) and the other is matching points. I'm doing more fancy borders now, and this quilt ABSOLUTELY refused to take them. It only wanted a simple border. But I got back at it, I only did simple machine quilting, even though all those white spaces were asking for something fancy. Take That and Like It!
Evelyn, a college student from Nanjing, is in the second photo. She always has a smile on her face. She also has our sense of humor, so we get along great. Too bad she is only here for a month!
Other details: I earned a trip to Germany this fall! More Niederegger marzipan and grapefruit flavored gummi bears! Oh yes, and castles and cathedrals and fancy buildings and the Black Forest and all that stuff....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home