Saturday, May 22, 2010

Roses





The roses are blooming! Right on time!

I think I have mentioned before that my daughter can pick a good rose bush. This is one that I really like, because the color changes from deep yellow to almost white tinged with pink as the flower blooms.

Actually, I think I should have said as the flower ages, but that doesn't seem the right thing to say about flowers.

Anyway, here they are, all on the same bush, three different colors. The closeups are truer in color.

In other news, we had our first garage sale ever today, and we made $30. Not very much for all that effort, although I have to admit that selling wool pants at this time of year is not going to be very profitable. My daughter made $30 in absentia because we sold her 4 foot tall Victorian birdcage. Which is a great cage unless you have parakeets in the same house as cats. The parakeets can squeeze between the bars and forage (and leave bird droppings). This wasn't a problem with a 20-year old arthritic cat, but when she died and got replaced with two kittens, well, the expected life span of the parakeets dropped dramatically. So they got put into a plain cage until they (finally) passed away. One actually got scared to death by one of the kittens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home