Thursday, July 23, 2009

This was supposed to be...




a week of nothing happening. Because Laurie's due date isn't until Aug 6. Since she abhors being on time (and has all her life), I am just not worried about anything this week.




Well, her blood pressure started spiking again, and this time they found protein in her urine. So they started inducing labor last night at 11:00 pm PDT. I was ready to rush to the hospital, but she said it would take a while, so I decided to sleep instead.




4 total hours, in 3 shots. This means very little REM sleep. This means it is not good to be around me, I get punchy.




Inducing labor early takes time. You have to supply the hormones to do things like soften the cervix, you need to supply chemicals to get things going, and you need to do this in a hospital instead of your body normally doing it at home and not bothering the nursing staff. Who are, as always, remarkably patient. The hormones for softening the cervix are prostaglandins (I love knowing things! And telling you about them!) and the delivery vehicle is a shoelace.




So, anyway, there are of course no baby pictures. So I (finally) put in a wedding picture.




Naptime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home