Monday, May 25, 2009

The New Star Trek Movie

I have just gotten back from seeing the new Star Trek Movie, which, as far as I can tell, is called "Star Trek." It is, apparently, the eleventh Star Trek Movie, which means that I have missed a few. So you can see I am not a trekkie, I have taken Shatner's advice and gotten a life.

I suppose, if the Klingons can change from being human clones to almost humanoid between TOS and TNG, I can handle a bunch of differences, like the clear displays on the Enterprise and the budding romance between Spock and Uhura. And then, of course, we find out that it is an alternate timeline. And so, we will need another movie to fix a few things. Like restore the planet Vulcan. Yes, the entire planet!

I'm pretty sure that the label on the Enterprise should read NCC-1701 B or C, but that gets into "What is the combination of your safe?" territory so I'm not going to even say that Kirk is going to have to destroy two more Enterprises in the next 15 years in order to get things back on track for the orginal series.

One of my friends (and you know who you are) claims that nothing has to be fixed, that we now have a whole new world to play in!

I guess I am just a stick in the mud.

1 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Let's see, Nero is mad at Spock because he was not fast enough to stop a star from going nova and destroying Romulus (and Nero's family). But the radiation would travel at light speed, and the matter a bit slower, and starships are faster than light, and he still could not outrace the nova's effects? Plus, why didn't Nero just zip back in time and stop the nova himself? He did not seem to care about causality in getting revenge on Spock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home