Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Bathroom humor


OK, lets get this topic out of the way.
Thankfully, I did not encounter any hole in the ground toilets like I did in Taiwan. I did encounter violent toilets -- when you flushed the water rushed into the toilet from the front, instead of sedately coming into the toilet from the back like it is supposed to. (In once case it did leave drops on the toilet seat. Oh Well.) To me it was loud enough to wake everybody in the house or my roommate at the hotel!
And, of course, finding the flush button was a trick. We nearly always have handles here in the States, and I had to get over that idea before I could successfully finish the job. It would have been just too embarrassing, as a 52 year old woman, to go to my German Kid and ask how to flush the toilet.
(Dealing with them as adults is a little mind bending. I'm used to them as teenagers, but now they've grown up! They drove me around, (My husband taught the German how to drive a stick), the German and the Japanese are married with kids, and I can drink with them!)
Occasionally you had to know the word for women in the language of the country, which was really only a problem in the Czech Republic. I found this image of a woman in a hotel in Utrecht -- she has no skirt at all! There was one public bathroom in Germany in which the woman had a miniskirt.
But no holes in the ground, and well stocked with toilet paper in the stall.
Civilized.
In Taiwan, I bought Taiwanese sanitary napkins. This time, I bought Czech napkins. Does anybody sense a pattern here? And this may be of interest to a few of you: One of the Czech napkins brands is "Pamela."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home