Saturday, October 31, 2015

Desserts

It is clear that getting through this school year is going to be tough.

How tough?

I have two exchange students who will declare their undying love if I just make them dessert.  Almost any dessert.  Even desserts that I goofed at.

(Did mention that these two are 16 year old boys?)

(One of them likes the new Beast Mode Frappucino at Starbucks.  The other hasn't tried it yet, sticking to venti caramel frappucinos.  Sometimes two at once, without getting a stomach ache.)

I am also getting dessert suggestions.  Although in the past I have joked that the reason I can't lose weight is because of my exchange students, THIS YEAR I MEAN IT!!!!

(They better gain a few extra pounds themselves.  Just sayin.)

This weeks contribution:  Carrot Cake.

My oldest grandson refuses to eat any vegetables.  He was motionless AND speechless AND with his mouth wide open when he found out that this extremely tasty treat was made with carrots.

Carrot Cake

From Jane Crosby
Wife of Dr. Glenn Crosby,
Retired Professor of Chemistry
WSU

1 cup oil
2 cups (14 oz) brown sugar)
4 eggs
½ tsp allspice
2 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour

3 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped walnuts

Bake 325 F
Cupcakes 20-25 minutes
9 X 13 35-40 minutes

Cream Cheese Frosting

3 oz cream cheese
4 tsp butter
2 tsp vanilla

½ pound (2 cups) confectioners sugar


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home