Saturday, October 10, 2009

another sure fire recipe

We take a break from the grandson (while he visits the other grandma 6 hours away) to post a recipe. I just made this and got rave reviews and two requests for the recipe, so I might as well post it here:

Tortellini Soup

1 pound sausage
1 onion (or a half, if it is big like we get around here, brag brag), chopped
garlic, whatever you want
-----------brown. Sometimes it helps to get the sausage browning first
1 can tomato soup
veggies: beans
corn
carrots
zucchini
insert your favorite here
spices: basil
oregano
other favorites for a tomato based soup
pepper
salt, if there isn't enough already, I usually leave it out
1 cup beef stock (Optional, I mostly leave it out)
1/4 cup (or more) red wine (optional too, but I mostly leave it IN)
water about a quart? Depends on how thin you like your soup.
------------add (or transfer to crock pot), simmer for as long as you want (at least until carrots are done)
1 package of cheese filled tortellini
-----------add, ten minutes before serving
parmesan cheese
------------add at table.
serve with bread and butter. My personal favorite to serve with this is asiago cheese bread.

http://webvalue.net/recipes/bbs/messages/290.html

and I have tried that recipe with water or milk instead of white wine, and I like water the best.

Notice the almost complete lack of amounts? Well, use what you like!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home