Friday, December 17, 2010

Finally Done!
















I originally got the floral fabric (on the borders and the middle of the star) because I fell in love with it. I decided, in the beginning of 2009, to pull matching fabric from my stash. Then I saw the pattern, the 2009 block of the month, on http://www.thequiltshow.com/. The rest is history (A little tiny history). I made modifications (of course!). I got impatient waiting for the rest of the instructions each month. Then it took 6 months to get around to figuring out how to get the triangles with the pinwheels on the feathered star. From there it was only days to finish. Then it was on a 5 month waiting list at the machine quilters. NOW it is on our bed and we'd like to report that it is gorgeous, it matches the carpet (which is about the color of the dark teal blue in the last picture) and it keeps us warm! Which is good, because the temperatures are dropping again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home